Designed to guide learners through the Cambridge O Level Urdu as a Second Language syllabus (3248), the Skills Builder also covers the reading and writing components of the new Cambridge IGCSE® Urdu as a Second Language syllabus (0539). Created by a team of experienced authors in collaboration with syllabus experts, the Skills Builder contains authentic, culturally relevant material especially selected to stimulate language awareness and critical thinking in teenage learners. Engaging, progressive activities offer flexible support to help students at all levels hone their skills and reach their individual potential, while self-assessment advice and exam-style questions at the end of each unit build confidence in the use of the Urdu language.
- Section 1: Descriptive, informative and explanatory
- Unit 1 – What should I do?
- Unit 2 – Welcome to Rohtas Fort
- Unit 3 – How to checkmate
- Unit 4 – Half incomplete dreams: a review by Safiya Sultana
- Model summary
- Section 2: Narrative
- Unit 5 – The journey of Parveen Shakir
- Unit 6 – Trees of the society
- Model essay
- Unit 7 – “I am Karachi”
- Unit 8 – Application for an internship
- Unit 9 – A visit to Hay-on-Wye
- Section 3: Formal letter writing
- Unit 10 – Cover letter
- Unit 11 – Business letter
- Unit 12 – Complaint letter
- Section 4: Persuasive
- Unit 13 – Countering bullying
- Unit 14 – Diabetes
- Unit 15 – Quaid-i-Azam’s address to the Nation
- Section 5: Argumentative
- Unit 16 – Why don’t we change?
- Unit 17 – The jail system in Sweden
- Unit 18 – Allama Iqbal
- Grammar Checklist
- Example answers to exam-style questions.
There are no reviews yet.